Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
You don't fall into tourist traps when you travel with Frommer's. Doing so is like having a trusted friend show you around, taking you to the places locals like best. That's because our guidebooks, unlike much of the competition, are written by resident experts (not outsiders)--like Janis Turk, the author of Frommer's Texas, and the managing editor of San Antonio AT HOME magazine. In her highly opinionated book, she'll help you sort through the options so you can tailor a vacation that's right for you.
Frommer's Texas covers all of the Lone Star State's highlights--from the vibrant nightlife in Austin to the historic sights of Dallas and San Antonio, from the trails of Big Bend to parades of longhorns in Fort Worth and more.
This guide has:
- Exact pricing, with dollar amounts listed for all lodgings, attractions, restaurants, tours, and shops, so there's no guessing or nasty surprises
- Straight-shooting, opinionated reviews that will introduce you to the state's best lodgings, restaurants, adventure outfitters, historic sights, museums, nightlife, shops, and more--in all price ranges, from budget to luxury
- Destination highlights from all the major cities (Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin), plus many more outstanding destinations (Big Bend and Guadalupe Mountains national parks, the gulf coast, and the panhandle plains)
- Detailed maps throughout, plus a handy pullout map
- Helpful suggested itineraries so you can experience the most out of your vacation time