Insight Guides USA: The South
Travel made easy. Ask local experts.
Comprehensive travel guide packed with inspirational photography and fascinating cultural insights, now with free eBook.
From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, this guide to the South of the USA is all you need to plan your perfect trip, with insider information on must-see, top attractions like New Orlean's French Quarter, The Great Smoky Mountains Railroad and Beale Street, and cultural gems like the wondrous Shenandoah Caverns, whose rock formations naturally resemble bacon, right down to the trim of fat, the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, the bombing of which was a pivotal moment in the Civil Rights Movement, and the largest collection of space rockets on planet earth at the US Space and Rocket Center Museum.
Features of this travel guide to the South of the USA:
- Inspirational colour photography discover the best destinations, sights and excursions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights immerse yourself in the USA's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Practical full-colour maps with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Editor's Choice uncover the best of the South of the USA with our pick of the region's top destinations
- Key tips and essential information packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool download the free app and eBook to access this and bonus content from your phone or tablet
- Covers Georgia; Alabama; Mississippi; The Gulf Coast; Louisiana; Arkansas; Tennessee; South Carolina; North Carolina; Virginia
Looking for a comprehensive guide to USA? Check out Insight Guides USA for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps, as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.