The Rough Guide to USA: The South
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover USA: The South with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to check out the birthplace of Martin Luther King, Jr., take a horse-drawn carriage along Savannah's cobbled streets or explore the mesmerizing scenery of Crater Lake, The Rough Guide to USA: The South will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to USA: The South:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to USA: The South
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the historic red-brick museums of Kentucky and the lush green mountains of Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the best sights and top experiences to be found in South Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into USA: The South with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina
You may also be interested in: Rough Guide to USA: The Rockies, Rough Guide to USA: The West Coast and Rough Guide to New York City
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.